Sound insulation and noise protection made of foam
Everyday we are surrounded by noise and sound – both day and night. Whether in the apartment, on the street or at work: Noise inevitably surrounds us around the clock and has become one of the most important environmental problems of our time – especially traffic noise (aircraft, cars, rail transport). This continuous exposure is not only annoying, but can also have a strong, negative impact on our health. Damage to hearing, stress and cardiovascular problems can be the result of excessive noise pollution in everyday life. It also causes problems with communication, information recording and concentration can be caused by an increased noise level.
In order to reduce noise pollution in everyday life, targeted sound insulation and/or noise protection measures should be taken. In addition to careful handling of noise sources, this also includes structural measures such as the installation of soundproof doors and soundproof windows during the renovation of buildings or the installation of a soundproofing wall on a busy street near a residential area.
In addition to these precautions, the targeted use of acoustic elements made of foam, or more precisely acoustic foam, can also contribute to the reduction of sound and noise in everyday life.
In the following we look at how noise actually arises and have collected for you some interesting facts about foam as sound insulation.
How does noise arise in everyday life?
The classification of noise is individual, i.e. different sound sources are perceived by people to varying degrees as disturbing.
In general, the origin of noise can be attributed to two causes: On the one hand, noise is caused by a high sound pressure level and can be caused, for example, by a loud noise source such as a compressed air hammer or a radio.
On the other hand, unwanted reverberation can negatively affect room acoustics. This can lead to extended reverberation times and an overlay of several noises. Due to prolonged reverberation time, subsequent syllables are muffled during conversation, which distorts the speech signal and leads to a deterioration of intelligibility. Other sounds (coughing, back of chairs, keyboard typing, etc.) remain in the room for too long, increasing the overall noise level. In general, the background noise level in the room therefore increases through excessive reverberation times.
The use of acoustic foam as sound insulation
Acoustic elements made of foam are suitable both to lower the sound pressure level (soundproofing/sound insulation) and to improve room acoustics (acoustic treatment/sound absorption).
Foam can be used as sound insulation for soundproofing, for example on walls, ceilings and floors, but also for machine enclosures or for sound insulation of recording studios.
As a sound absorber for acoustic treatment, acoustic foam reduces reverberation times and absorbs disturbing frequency ranges. In this way, it improves language comprehension in public spaces such as offices, call centres, schools and kindergartens. It can also provide spectacular audio moments in home Hi-Fi studios or in your own music room.
Quality directly from the manufacturer
Of course, effective noise protection demands proper attention is paid to the quality of the foam. Only high-quality workmanship allows acoustic foam to offer its full noise protection potential.
As a manufacturer with 60 years of experience producing foam soundproofing elements, we at aixFOAM attach great importance to the quality of our goods. That’s why all acoustic elements in our aixFOAM Online-Shop undergo regular intensive checks.
The benefits of aixFOAM acoustic foam as sound insulation
- Fine-pored surface Foam’s physical characteristics make it a particularly effective sound absorber. Sound can penetrate deep into the material through the pores and is absorbed there.
- Visually appealing Foam is an extremely flexible material. This means that it can be processed and made into interesting profiles such as pyramid foam or egg crate foam. In addition, we offer many different colours as well as felt surfaces.
- Flexible applications, easy installation Our soundproofing panels come in different material thickness to suit all your sound insulation requirements. Choose between different mounting options such as suspension cassettes for walls or ceilings and self-adhesive sound absorbers.
- Easy modification Acoustic foam can be modified during installation using conventional tools or household appliances, which makes it popular as a building material.
- Outstanding fire protection properties Our soundproofing panels are available in different fire classes. Not only are they flame retardant, they also meet the requirements of fire protection class DIN4102 B1.
- Plan soundproofing properly Thanks to precisely defined quality standards, sound insulation can be planned properly using our aixFOAM sound absorbers. Our specialist planners will be happy to advise you free of charge!
Visit our aixFOAM online shop or get free advice from our acoustics experts via the customer hotline. We’ll help you find the right solution for your sound insulation/ noise protection project - for less noise and peace of mind in everyday life.
Noise surrounds us almost 24 hours a day. This permanent noise pollution can have serious consequences for our health. Effective soundproofing is therefore essential.
Soundproofing with foam
Sound absorbers made of acoustic foam are ideal for soundproofing due to their physical properties. They reduce noise and shorten reverberation times. This can lower the volume level and improve room acoustics.
Branded goods directly from the manufacturer
When selecting your acoustic elements, you should definitely pay attention to the quality of the acoustic foam to ensure optimal soundproofing. We at aixFOAM therefore have extremely high quality standards and regularly check our foams. You will find a wide variety of foam panels and noise protection systems for your soundproofing solution.
Call us or send us an email. Together we'll find the right acoustic solution via a free consultation with our specialist planners.
+49 2403 / 83830 - 22
Monday to Friday
08:00 o'clock untill 17:00 o'clock
Daily, 24 hours a day
Visit our aixFOAM store and find your suitable sound insulation: less noise and better acoustics with sound absorbers directly from the manufacturer.Find your sound insulation