- Art.nr.An all-round success against noiseHighly effective sound absorbers made from Duromer acoustic foam
- Art.nr.Flame protection plusHighly effective sound absorbers made from Duromer acoustic foam
- Art.nr.Elegantly hanging acoustic bodyHighly effective acoustic hanging elements with cable system installation
- Art.nr.Highly effective sound absorber made of thermoset acoustic foam
- Art.nr.The extra sound absorption as a hanging elementHighly effective sound insulation from Duromer acoustic foam
- Art.nr.Acoustic inserts for grid ceilingsHighly effective acoustic ceiling elements for standard grid ceilings
- Art.nr.Flame protection plus with rounded edgesSquare sound absorbers with rounded edges
- Art.nr.Flame protection plus with trapezoid structureHighly effective acoustic foam with trapezoid profile made from Duromer acoustic foam
- Art.nr.Flame protection plus with nubbed structureHighly effective sound absorbers made from Duromer acoustic foam
- Art.nr.Acoustic sail with removable fabric coverAcoustic sail for wall or ceiling installation
- Art.nr.Discreet eleganceModern acoustic room divider with removable fabric cover
- Art.nr.aixFOAM acoustic ceiling banner "Concave"...
- Art.nr.Flame protection plus in a triangleEffective sound absorbers made from Duromer acoustic foam with triangular profile
- Art.nr.Flame protection plus with pyramid structureHighly efficient pyramid foam made from Duromer acoustic foam
Sound insulation in sports halls, gyms and swimming pools
Shoes squeaking on the floor, dribbling balls, loud cheers and music, splashing water, clanking weights. These and other noise sources determine the usual background noise in sports facilities such as sports halls, swimming pools or gyms and can cause the sound level to increase.
Hard, smooth surfaces of floors, walls and ceilings reflect the sound and ensure that the sound pressure level constantly moves up. Additionally, large floor areas, high ceilings and wide rooms worsen the acoustics and promote unpleasant reverberations.
Why is sound insulation or soundproofing so important in sports facilities?
The use of sound absorbers in sports facilities is recommended for numerous reasons. Firstly, sound insulation improves the room acoustics and secondly it reduces the noise.
For sporting success – especially in competitions but also when training – it is important that the sports people can focus entirely on their performance and the challenges facing them. Only in this way can the sporting potential be fully exhausted. Disturbing noise and reverberation affect the concentration and this increase the risk of injury. In team sports above all, such as volleyball or basketball, it is also important that the players communicate well on the court or can understand the coach's instructions.
Of course, the spectators at sports events also benefit from good acoustics without noise and reverberation, and thus from increased ambience in the hall.
How do sound insulation and soundproofing succeed in sports facilities?
The selection of the right sound absorbers should be adjusted to the requirements of the premises. A distinction is made, of course, as to whether you want to reduce reverberation in a sports hall or swimming pool, of if you want to soundproof a room in the gym.
Sound insulation in the sports hall / gym
The largest acoustic challenge for sound insulation in halls are the reverberation and long reverberation times. Sound is reflected by the hard surfaces of the walls and ceilings and returned to the hall, as a result of which all the noises remain in the room for an unpleasantly long time. In order to prevent this, it is sensible to install sound absorbers on the ceiling and/or walls of the sports hall. Free-hanging acoustic elements, which are fixed with practical cable systems under the hall ceiling and absorb noise, have been proven to work here.
Sound insulation and noise dampening in the gym
Loud training equipment, customer conversations, fitness courses, training, music. The noise sources in the gym are numerous and can quickly raise the noise level. The noise development is also promoted by the many hard surfaces and make sound insulation almost essential in order to permanently maintain the stay and training quality for the customers. The right sound absorbers should be selected according to the requirements. In this way, sound absorbers on the walls and ceilings of the gym can reduce reverberation and disturbing noise. Free-hanging acoustic elements can be used as room dividers in order to separate individual areas visually and acoustically.
In order to sound insulate individual rooms, sound absorbers with a large density and surface weight should be used. Our heavy acoustic foam sound insulation mats are particularly suitable for this.
Above all, training equipment that work with heavy weights are frequently a problem in the gym. They not only generate noise, but also material vibrations, which are transmitted as structure-borne sound on floors, walls and ceilings and thus emit noise into surrounding rooms. Fitness equipment should therefore ideally be decoupled from the floor. Sound insulation mats made from heavy acoustic foam, which are placed under the equipment and can be covered, for example, with a wood panel, are suitable for this. Ideally, the equipment should be decoupled completely from the floor and wall by standing it on a small riser.
Sound insulation in the swimming pool
Tiles, glass, plastic surfaces, high ceilings, wide spaces and a large number of noise sources. Indoor pools represent a particularly large challenge for soundproofing. Hanging sound absorbers and acoustic sails are particular good at reducing reverberation in swimming pools. These can be fitted very simply using suspension or cable systems beneath the hall ceiling. As a result, noise is absorbed and sufficient space for quiet, relaxation or concentration for sport are created.
Why are sound absorbers from aixFOAM best for sound insulation in sports facilities?
Since 1958, we have been manufacturing sound absorbers for use in every area. Through our experience and the constant further development of our absorbers, we can offer our customers acoustic elements, which are highly effective for soundproofing and simultaneously are impressive with modern designs.
aixFOAM sound absorbers reduce noise and reverberation and improve the room acoustics. Our acoustic elements are available in different colours, shapes, material thicknesses and fire classes. For example, aixFOAM acoustic elements with the designation "MH" comply with fire protection class DIN 4102 B1 for example, which is frequently required in public buildings. Ideally, find out the required fire protection requirements in your property before buying in the aixFOAM Shop. Various installation and fastening systems for our sound absorbers facilitate effective sound insulation for all types of sports facilities.